Today

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Today is my 53rd birthday. Just half an hour after he gave me my present - a book of Wainright's TV Walks - my husband suffered a cardiac arrest and died. He had been ill for several years and was clearly very poorly but it's still a shock. When I opened the front of the book, he'd written "I will only be in spirit with you on this one", a reference I think to the fact that he was no longer able to walk with me. Or did he know?

I'm a bit numb. It hasn't sunk in properly yet. Not looking forward to going to bed tonight.
This is one of those times when words just aren't enough, Lizk, but I am sorry to hear of your loss. It must have been a massive shock for you - no matter how much you might expect something like that to happen, you're never ready for it.

The feeling of numbness and hardly feeling it's real is perfectly natural. It takes time for such a massive loss to be felt. Do keep popping onto the forum if you need to offload, or anything. We'll be here.
Oh Liz - so sorry to hear of your loss.

To live in hearts we leave behind Is not to die. ~Thomas Campbell

We will be here for you whenever you need us.
I'm so sorry Lisk, such a terrible shock.

We are all here for you anytime you need us
(((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))
My deepest sympathies to you in your loss.

Eun
So sorry to read this, Lizk. As others have said, your feelings of numbness and shock are completely normal and natural. For now, just let things happen as they will.

For the future, I hope you can do some of the walks in the book 'with' your beloved.
So sorry to hear about your loss, Lisk. As has been said, there are no words to make anything better for you. Maybe a virtual ((((((hug))))) will help a little.
It will be a difficult time for you to go through and the numbness will maybe help with that...keep in touch with us all here - it's a place you can come to, to be with people who understand your feelings xx
So sorry for your loss, I wish I the words....... XX
Thinking of you Liz, my heartfelt sympathy in your loss,

Sue x
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Liz.