[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Picking brains on employment choices nearly 12 months on - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Picking brains on employment choices nearly 12 months on

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Try signing on with a few local recruitment agencies for "general admin" and or temp work.
Often companies are so glad to get someone sensible and normal that they keep them.
I got 2 of my jobs by temping first. Each time I was kept on by the first company I was sent to. (No emoji for a big head :whistle: )
Thanks Mrs A, 3 thoughts on that one- they would undoubtedly want a reference from my former office and I refuse to go back and beg the bullying cow I worked for to provide one, I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of ignoring my request again.
Secondly I can't go for a 9 to 5 type job as need to see to dogs.
Thirdly I have already spent 30 years rotting in an office and wild horses wouldn't get me back in one full time.
Henrietta, I don't see why YOU would have to go back for a reference to the bullying cow! Surely all we have to do when applying for a job is cite WHO our referees are, with contact details, and then our prospective employer follows them through. The request for a reference comes from the employer, not the employee!

(Mind you, she could refuse to give you a reference!)
Ah yes you are right , but bullying cow ignored request of employer. Not giving her another chance, wouldn't give her the satisfaction.
Quite often new employers don't take up references...
Interesting but a lot of work doing an app and not knowing if it will be a waste of time.