[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Now a former carer too - Carers UK Forum

Now a former carer too

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
90 posts
Nananana has joined the club, new member since this morning.
Saying 'welcome' somehow doesn't seem right under the circumstances - it will take a while for your brain to catch up with the change to your role.

I believe that there is no such thing as a 'former' carer - even when our caring duties end we are still people who 'care', but now in a wider sense which is why I always hope that 'former' carers will stay with the forum - their knowledge, wisdom, advice and experience are invaluable to new members.
NanaNana-this is the club that nobody wants to join. I can't say much more except that you will be in my thoughts. I'm so sorry x
NanaNana,welcome to the club that nobody wants to belong to.x
Take one tiny breath at a time, it is all you can do for now.When you see your daughter, let her hold you, don't try to be strong in front of her.
When you see your grandchildren,they will give you the strength you need to get through each moment that they are with you.
xx
NanaNana you'll always be in my club
(((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))
Nana,
Small steps, day by day, (((((hugs)))) we will always be here for you.
Minnie x
Lots of hugs Nananana x
Dear Nana

So sorry you have joined this section now. As Susie said we were all carers for varying lengths of time and it is not something we stop. We will all continue having a caring nature.

Little Lamb
All my thoughts and prayers are with you today and many, many long distance hugs - take life gently, accept any help your family offers and be very kind to yourself each day. In time you will remember the life, the laughter and the love. xxxx
Sorry you've had to join us. Just because they've gone it doesn't stop you caring. I found great solance in making sure those last things I could do for my hubby (funeral etc) were done right, how he would have liked.

take care of yourself, take a step at a time

love booksey
90 posts