[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Not long for mum - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Not long for mum

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Nicholas, make sure you try to eat and sleep, or at least rest. Everything is worse on an empty stomach.
If you can't be bothered to cook yourself, too tired or stressed, then buy something ready cooked. I used to frequent a local garden centre where they had lovely casseroles at lunchtime.
Thank you for your thoughts Bowlingbun. Yes I am making sure that I eat and sleep. Just returned and a quiche is in the oven, then I will go to bed. They unsedated mum, soon after my beloved sisters arrived this morning and took off the breathing apparatus early afternoon. As the consultant told us, the next 24 hours are critical as everything is against her. Being sedated and on a breathing apparatus for 5 days aged 78 and pneumonia isn't good. At least she recognised me when I left and her right hand (her good side) is still strong. Just hope I don't receive a phone call during the night. Thank you again for your thoughts
Sending my best wishes. My mother is in hospital being made comfortable for whatever time she has left. I have flu so unable to visit atm.

I hope you manage to have a good nights sleep and that your mother is able to pull through.
Thank you Jacqueline.God speed to you and your mum