[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mother in hospital. End of life care - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Mother in hospital. End of life care

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Thank you Bb. I feel kind of lonely for her.

Luckily her best friend is visiting tomorrow.

Hope I get better in time to see her again.
Yes, I know what you mean. I always tried to visit my mum as often as possible, because my brothers couldn't be bothered, but I was disabled myself at the time and it was such hard work, even with a Blue Badge it might take 20-30 minutes to find a parking space, and Royal Bournemouth Hospital has a quarter mile corridor. Not easy when I'd had a knee replacement 3 weeks previously!
Goodness. Long corridors and a knee replacement. Not a happy combo.

Mothers best friend said that she was really settled and they had the first proper conversaions since she was admitted. So good to hear.

I spoke to her briefly. It was lovely to hear her voice albeit on the phone.

Son and I both have flu now!
That's reassuring - that she had he best friend visit, and that she seems so settled, and that you could talk to her too. I hope you are soon 'infection free' and can visit again.....
Glad you got to speak to her on the phone and she had a lovely visit and chat with her friend. You really do need to rest and look after yourself, it's the best way to get better quickly.

Melly1
Dont worry Melly I am resting away and being easy on myself.

Thanks Jenny. I just need to be patient ...

Her friend saw her again today. She talks about dying and is not afraid but just feels too tired to carry on x