[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loss of a caree partner - Page 57 - Carers UK Forum

Loss of a caree partner

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
627 posts
Maybe they're a bit shocked cos I've moved on, seemingly too quickly for some of them, but life's too short and it doesn't mean I love hubby any the less. Just because I'm about to start on a new life now.
I think we can all relate to that. My aunt and I often talk of the "old life/new life" scenario, I've cut my hair, joined a zumba class and started traveling and studying again. Like you say, it doesn't mean I love hubs any less, and as bigbear correctly says, we enjoy the freedom from caring, but have paid a heavy price for it. but I am convinced our loved ones would want us to live life to the full.

Love Phoebe xxxxxxxx
And, as someone said once that they weren't 'married' any more, I, like her, have taken my rings off, but keep them tied together with ribbon in the little pouch I keep my driving licence and insurance docs in, inside my handbag.

Always there, but not always there, if you see what I mean. Kinda miss them a bit, but like we say, life moves on. Just a bit strange that's all and looks sort of odd without them.
hiya lovely shropshire lass!and gang!
to be honest,and not being funny,
i will be quite happy to wear my wedding ring,
and mr bb's always and forever!
we're alldifferent, Image Image Image Image Image !
( tbh living life to the full
in my world doesn't include a new partner!
a very wide selection of good friends
both sexes i have is very satisfactory!

tbh i could no more take off my wedding ring
or embrace another partner
than i could walk down
to my local shops stark naked!! Image Image Image

its not for me
my lovely chum who lost her hubby
remarried
i'm happy pleased and delighted for her
and love her new hubby to bits!
just i prefer to stay thinking of mr bb
as the only one in my heart and head!

arranged fab musician chums to play
at little party for mr bb at parkinsons society
around our wedding anniversary
and mr bb's birthday in may!
(all paid for from kind donations
by family and friends at mr bb's funeral and wake)

lots of lovely big dandelions in park 2day
mr bb's favourite flower
each one was like a smile from mr bb!

went to music session this afternoon!
a couple of us were in the soppy corner!
wiping our eyes at all the more soppy songs, Image Image Image Image !
have a good evening gang
love and hugs
big bear x Image Image
Hiya all. grief monster overcame me at work yesterday, but all my lovely kind colleagues rallied round with tea tissues and symapathy.
( tbh living life to the full
in my world doesn't include a new partner!
a very wide selection of good friends
both sexes i have is very satisfactory!
same here, bigbear, and I know that is right for me andI know there is no right or wrong in these things, my Aunt now has a new partner after losing my uncle, i am pleased for her that she is happy and fully accept that even though i was close to my uncle. I just also know there will never be anyone else for me, and thats the right way for me.

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) out to all you lovely people, stay strong,

Love Phoebs xxxxxxxx
((((hugs))))phoebe!
i know how u feel!

love to all lovely gang on this little thread!
big bear x Image Image
Evening all

Just passing through really to check every one is okay. Life plods on much the same good and bad days. Mostly good though Image

Take care
Had to take friend's son to hospital to have his broken arm plastered earlier this week. Plaster cast is a blue hard mesh one - just like the one that hubby had on his leg when he came off the sliderboard a few years ago. Standing there watching little boy have his blue cast put on his arm made me shed a tear, I took myself away to do that. My friend understood, as he always does.
Little 'things' send you into relapses, but all part of life and loving and memories.

Take care all.
xxxx
((Hugs))) Nana, it's the little things that tend to trip you up - when you don't see them coming. Even after 8 years, it's little things like hand written notes which can still trip me up.
((Hugs))) Nana, it's the little things that tend to trip you up - when you don't see them coming. Even after 8 years, it's little things like hand written notes which can still trip me up.
A good friend's Hubby was diagnosed with cancer on Thurs. Felt the now familiar shock/panic wash over me, but had to pull myself together and remind myself that it wasn't about me, but about friend and hubby. She was there every step of the way for me through Mum and my Hubs cancer, so made it clear to her that i am there for her every step of the way too.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) to all you lovely, caring, brave people as always,
Love Phoebs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Phoebe, sorry to hear about your friend's husband.
627 posts