[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loss of a caree partner - Page 54 - Carers UK Forum

Loss of a caree partner

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
627 posts
Whilst I had a minute I wanted to wish you all peace during the 'festive' period. I will be working a lot over the next few weeks then I'm going(running) away for 2 weeks with my mum and DD. Second xmas with out hubs and my dad, last year I was still in shock mode so the only thing I really remember is a very uncomfortable day at my SIL's with a lot of hubs family. Maybe by next year I will have got myself to a place where we can start to make some new Christmas traditions (or maybe holidaying during the holidays will be our new tradition Image ).

Still can't believe its been 15 months, its still feels like forever and yesterday at the same time. Still miss him like crazy, that massive lump in my chest has now become part of me but I carry it better, the grief monster still calls but not as often or for as long so things are better.

Take care of yourselves XX
hiya booksey and all on this little thread!

wishing you al happy xmas and winter without our special companions...
mr 1 st with out mr bb!
have put twibkly red stars and sprkly holly and happy christmas signs around lovely photos of mr bb, Image
and found a sweet little father xmas in poundshop ,
really cute and the image of mr bb! Image
been wrapping presents on kitchen table for a change!
missed mr bb calming influence yesterday,
bawled! Image
but getting all the cards done!
and a couple of friends poorly i can do a bit of good to
lovely to see your message booksey! Image
sending big virtual gift wrapped parcels of love and hugs!
to all celebarating without our loved ones!
love and respect
big bear x Image Image
I everyone,
I hope you all managed to get through the "festive" season relatively intact.
I feel better now it's over, but the widow fog has lifted for me and reality has set in, and i don't like it. Can't stop crying sometimes, but i suppose it's better to get it out of my system.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) to you all,
Love Phoebe xxxx
Phoebe, even now, for me, five years on, reality can still bite like a shark, and I feel myself gasp as the 'truth' slams into me - that I am a widow.

it all comes and goes, comes and goes.....let the flow of grief take you, but every now and then it lets you rest a while on a sort of 'beach' and you can draw breath again, and go numb a little....

As for the 'festive season' I don't think we ever enjoy it truly again....
hi Phoebe

Hang on in there it does get better. I'm at nearly 18 months now and whilst i miss hubs I am some how creating a life for myself. I'm now looking for a new house which I think will really help. This was always hubs house' he was born in it and died in it. Even though we owned it jointly I still thought of it as his house and to be honest I no longer want to live where he died.
I got through the festive period by leaving the country for two weeks and it did me the world of good Image

take care
Thank you, booksey and Jenny, I am "going through the motions" but inside feel like I am falling apart, and only just holding it together.

I have good and bad days, but I suppose that is going to happen. I am so lucky I have such a wonderful family.
(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) out to all

love Phoebe xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(((((big bear hugs to all)))))
thank you, big bear, hugs much needed, and ((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) back
xxxxxxx
feeling rough this morning,
missing mr bb to ground me...

it really knocked me for 6
thanks for hug phoebe!!!
i've reached the 6 months mark!

love and hugs to all!
big bear x Image
Big Bear, (((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) what else can I say? hang on in there, we'll get through it somehow. I'm at the 8 and a half month stage, wish i had words of wisdom for you, but don't know what to say except that am here for you
love Phoebe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
627 posts