[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
It's now 1 week - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

It's now 1 week

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
108 posts
So sorry that you are having a bad day - just keep writing it down if it helps to get it off your chest. Of course you don't have any motivation at the moment, no-one would expect you to this soon, so don't start worrying about that feeling, it'll go when it's time. You might even find that you want to rush around doing everything because it blocks it all out, but however you do it, you will do what is best for you.

I hope you are taking care of yourself and that we hear from you again.

Chris
Sue, you will get bad days, only to be expected, but the bad days will get less and less frequent and the days when your memories make you smile will increase. And the memories will never die.
We are here for you for as long as you need it and then some.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Hope you are having a better day today. Just thought I'd drop in and find out how you are coping.

Chris
Hi Sue

I've been missing from the forum, so I'm sorry to be late but just wanted you to know I am thinking of you

Bluebird
Hello friends,

I've been really busy with hubby, brother and sister-in-law, emptying Mam's home, what an awful job. Being kind of hurried through it, mostly because of having to hand the keys back in to Council so quickly. Although I don't suppose taking a long time over it would be any easier to bear.

Most of Mam's things are staying within the family, ourselves, brother and neice, so at least there's not a great lot going to be thrown away, Mam's clothes went to the Great North Air Ambulance Appeal yesterday, a cause she always supported.

You hit the nail on the head Chris about 'blocking it out', I'm alternating between not wanting to do anything, and then rushing round like a lunatic. I hope it wouldn't sound disrespectful, and Mam knows I love music, but I'm listening to my tunes with earphones on at full volume .. if it's loud enough, I can't think.

When I first joined here, my thread was 'so glad I found you'.
I need to be here in a different way than I thought, but you're all keeping me going, thank you all for your continued support.

Love Sue. xx
Music is a great therapy, and theres no disrespect in not wanting to hear your thoughts. In your situation I would probably be doing just the same. It's nice that your mams things are staying with the family, and a lovely thought to donate things to the Great North Air ambulance charity.

We'll all be here for as long as you need to put your feelings down. In fact, in time, it'll be you who will be saying to us "been there, done that" and you will be our oracle.

Take care of yourself and speak to us again as soon as you need to.

Chris
Not thinking is often the best way to get through difficult things and music is a great emotional help.
You are doing really well Sue.
Anyone heard from Sue?
No, I haven't heard from her and am hoping she's okay. Sue, if you are reading this, come and say hello to us.

Chris
Thanks Chris. Hopefully once she receives email notification of these messages she will come and let us know how she is.
108 posts