[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
It's now 1 week - Page 10 - Carers UK Forum

It's now 1 week

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
108 posts
Christine, I love the idea of the cobwebs being a feature!!! Image Image Image Can I pinch that idea too?!
I don't even SEE the cobwebs to spray them silver! lol
(Will be on the first train tomorrow to vacuum for you! NO chocolate though!)

Chris, I'm so glad you posted here, have been thinking of you and your Mum.
I spent quite some time on a 'worry'-diet of coffee and orange juice, have lost quite a bit of weight recently.

Making cards is a good way to spend time, when I get the house straight, will start up with them again.

Would've replied sooner, but my geriatric comp keeps cutting out as I mentioned earlier,
posting quick again before it disappears,
love Sue xx
Just so no one worries....Sues' pc is kapput.She can view the forum from her phone but unable to post.She hopes to be back asap and that everyone is well.

x x x
HELLO, SUE,

TYPING IN CAPITALS SO THAT YOU CAN SEE THIS CLEARLY. HOW ARE YOU? I WAS SORRY TO LEARN YOUR PC IS KAPPUT. DO YOU PRESS TO HARD ON THE KEYS?

I DO HOPE YOU ARE OK, AND NOT EATING TOO MUCH CHOCOLATE, AS YOU'RE NOT TYPING!

THINKING OF YOU, AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RETURN TO THE FORUM.

TAKE GREAT CARE,

KINDEST THOUGHTS.
Hi,

Thanks Rosemary for putting the message on here bout my comp, am up and running again now. Image
New system much better, even got a flat screen monitor, kinda 'posh' lol.

Mrs Blint, thank you for typing LARGE, just had an eye test and needed stronger specs, fone screen is rather small, but kept me in touch.

All this busy-ness with pc has kept me occupied, so am doing ok right now, was my neice's fella who sorted pc out, so have had great-nephew visiting as well.
One thing not so lovely though, he was sick down my front after his lunch ... eeow! Never mind, he's still adorable, honest.

Sue x
Welcome back.
AAh! it's a mobile phone you could see the Forum through. All afternoon i've scanned my land-line all around my lap top, and didn't see any Forums at all!!!!!

How lovely to have your family visit, especially your little one, but sorry you were messed up!
My granddaughter's been very poorly with a sickness bug, no school' and yesterday I should have sat with her for a couple of hours but felt quite yukkie myself so wasn't able to help out.
Very pleased you're back on line, as i'm sure you are. Imagine you are having a good look around in case you've missed anything. You sound chirpier today, which is good, one day at a time, eh.
Take care, chat later bye for now xx Image
My heartfelt sympathy to you Sue - It's been just under 2 weeks for me. I've cared for Mum for the last 15 years, we held her funeral on Tuesday and I was having the same feelings as you, but once things were underway I got this amazing feeling of calm, it was as if Mum had wrapped herself around me and was telling me that everything was going to be fine, and it was. It was a beautiful service and I still feel she is here with me. I really hope that something similar happens for you. I shall miss her terribly, she was such a huge part of my everyday life that I now have this huge hole that as yet, I don't know how to fill, but I have to give it time as I know things will gradually get easier.
Hello Sue,

Thank you for your message, and I'm very sorry for your own loss.

It's now 5 months since I lost my dearest Mam, so the time is passing, and I'm still trying to fill that time up with different things. Classes, back to making my cards for the RVI, but I still find myself either crying or smiling at the smallest things that remind me of Mam .. don't know what each day is going to bring, but at the moment I know she'd be smiling at all the sunshine (that I hate lol), and planning her garden.

I'm also volunteering once a week in the flower shop I used to work in .. the girls are fun to be with, no time to dwell on things, it's really busy !

I'd be glad to talk to you if you'd like to pm me,
Take care,
Sue x
Sue, you are doing really well, you're mum would be proud. Image
The young couple who got Mam's house are eventually moved in over the road ..

Last night I let the dogs into our garden, and glanced over .. the outside light (that I used to leave on ready for me going over), and the stairs and bathroom lights were on .. for a split second I thought Mam's gone upstairs on the chairlift before I get over to help her to bed.

After all this time of the house being empty, though they've been working in it since April, I wasn't expecting it to feel so bad to see the lights.. and the side door standing open today ..

I've been over to talk to them, and they seem alright,

another first ...
108 posts