[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
house - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

house

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
I would definitely fast track continuing health care. Quite often Nhs will set up refusals and then you will need to appeal. It can take months...which will also bide time for you and give you the excuse to delay matters until your 60. Box clever because these organisations aren't fair and won't care if you lose your home. Look after yourself.
charm_1965 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:01 am
I would definitely fast track continuing health care. Quite often Nhs will set up refusals and then you will need to appeal. It can take months...which will also bide time for you and give you the excuse to delay matters until your 60. Box clever because these organisations aren't fair and won't care if you lose your home. Look after yourself.
Sorry to sound a bit dumb but could you tell me a bit more about these refusals please?
CHC refusals ?

Said service IS rationed ... by design.

Read on ... and draw your own conclusion :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... 0rationing
Do not get so distracted trying to achieve the near impossible with the CHC route that you overlook the all important 60 landmark. Beg borrow or steal until you reach 60- you are so near that safety zone.
Agreed.

As far as your mother's interests are concerned , do NOT lose sight of CHC.

Reach 60 AND have CHC granted ... best of both worlds ?

Your interest is then protected and ... your mother will be receiving the best care possible ... at NO cost to her , or to her estate.

Knowing that is a great weight off any son's ... or daughter's ... mind ?
Continuing Healthcare is a postcode lottery. I live in the New Forest, almost impossible to get, but in parts of the north west of England it's 800% easier to claim!!

It's important to make sure they follow the rules, and you appeal if necessary, don't give up.