[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Having a bit of a bad day - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Having a bit of a bad day

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Remember there's no rush to clear things - I am totally honest about saying most of my husband's possessions are still in the house. However, my MIL cleared all her husband's things very swiftly. It all depends what we want - there are NO 'rules' remember. It's just what each one of us wants.

I agree about taking tomorrow off!
Helpful thread. I am starting lots of little jobs and the house is chaotic. Hoover broken as well!!

Mother died just under 2 weeks ago.

Hope things are ok for you ...
Jacqueline, that's OK to be like that. The brain is restless as it's trying to cope with the last few weeks.

Try to focus on one job per day. Has all mum's medical equipment gone now? I was desperate for mum's to go, then hated the empty space, signifying mum would never need it again.
The hospital bed, etc was due to go this morning but they never turned up! Will reschedule. My aunt (Mothers sister) is coming for the funeral so I would LOVE the house to be tidy by the end of the weekend ... We will see.
Jacqueline, how annoying.

I can understand how important it is to you to get the house tidy, as a sign of getting things under control again.
Others may say it doesn't really matter, and that is so in "the grand scheme of things" but it would be nice for YOU.
Having given so much of your life to mum in recent years, you deserve to have things how you want them now.