[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Former Carers Group - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Former Carers Group

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Hello Charles47,
Thank you for your message. I know if I shamed them it would never happen to someone else in the area. Besides I know, I would get a lot a support form the local community, its just that I haven't told a lot of people about the passing away of my dear husband. I did not want to spoil their Christmas with sad news.

I think I will have to use up my Breavements Payment to get things moving, but there still might be a shortfall. (No knowing when I will receive that ). I wonder if the government realizes that they should increase the funeral grant according to the price offered by funeral directors.

I do know that some sections of the community, have to bury their loved one within 48hours, I dont think they are told to pay upfront or are put under undue stress. In fact some of them qualify because they are on low income/income support.
Morning Snowblue,

Hope you rested well last night.

Was your hubby in receipt of a War Pension at all.If so, it may be worth considering contacting the Veterans Agency as they may be able to help.

Also,think about contacting the Funeral Director who runs your local Co-op not the assistants.Its not right that this should be taking so long regardless of the lack of funds.
No doubt many members here will know of similar circumstances where funds not been available to cover the whole cost but not had a wait like this to say good bye to a loved one.

Check with the home too in case there is money lying there,every little helps.

You know where we are if you need us.

Rosemary
x x x

Hi Polly, I haven't been on the site for quite a while. (As a former Carer I have been doing other things).
I was instrumental in starting a Bereavement Loss and Change group at Lonsdale District Carers (Morecambe) which has now been running for nearly two years. They meet once a month. And have discusion, sessions social evenings and other events, with access to councillors and relaxation therapy if required.
Many members of the group are still Carers, others are still looking for a new role after caring /bereavement. Some like myself have moved on and started a new life with another partner. I have not attended the BLC since I found my new love because I did not need support and their does come a time when it is better to move on. One has misses those who are gone, but we have to let them go and Rest in Peace +.
Glad to see Rosemary and Charles are still doing their stuff.
best wishes Normangardner
I have attendered one at Derbyshire Countie Council first time. And we talked about carer's Assesment, it was very good indeed Image