Council house after relative dies

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.

Could anyone please provide advice in the situation where a Mum dies leaving an adult son living in council accomodation. The son lived with the mum for less than a year but previously for 31 years in the same house (with a break of appx. 4 years).
The council are refusing to allow the son to remain or rehouse him and he will be given 28 days' notice to quit.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Ring Shelter, they are the experts on housing etc.
No idea, sorry. Shelter, your local councillor, or the CAB might be able to help. Always ask to see the policies that support this kind of draconian decision. I don't think they have the right to make you homeless, anyway, but that isnt an informed view. Are you a carer yourself, or a friend or advisor?