[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Well I sort of got over Christmas - Carers UK Forum

Well I sort of got over Christmas

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
My dear Dad died suddenly in his sleep on 30th September, just two weeks short of his 92nd birthday. I had been his carer in increasing stages over 3 years, this was after being Mum's for over 3 years.

I was dreading Christmas, I'm only just getting used to living in my own, but I spent most of the day after Church on my own. My wish and I got through it.

I was so busy, or kept myself so since he died I've reached the point of "what do I do now" I am an only child, never married and never had children. Now it's just me. Finding the future a bit daunting, but hopeful I will survive this total change in my life.

I still feel so very tired, seems that I have sleep deprivation to catch up on, but my main problem is the guilt that maybe I didn't care for them enough. They were my life. So what now I ask myself. :-???
Guilt is a stage of the grieving process, it will pass.
I'd recommend a book called "Starting Again" by Sarah Litvinoff, to help work out "where do I go from here?"

I go to a singles only hotel in Crete every year, it's where I learned to live and laugh again after my husband died. A very healing place.