[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
End of Dementia journey, start of? - Page 10 - Carers UK Forum

End of Dementia journey, start of?

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
127 posts
I have a Memory shelf.

Melly1
Had a phone call this morning, asking if hubby was able to go to a job,( he became sort of self employed after he retired and before he was ill). It really knocked me, even though the person was very apologetic. Very weepy. If only.
(((Pet)))

Melly1
It's the sudden surprises that get us most
(((Hugs)))
I had a phone call today to ask me how I found the services of the funeral home we used, 2 weeks ago. The girl on the phone was pleasant enough, but it was all so insincere. She was obviously from some call centre or main branch and it took me by surprise. She asked if I would leave a review of my 'experience' on their website to help 'others in their time of grief'.... The real fact is that it is marketing plain and simple. I didn't want or expect to be contacted, and I don't want to leave a review like I am reviewing a 'pizza order' or something. I found it totally inappropriate.
Oh dear, I feel a grey cloud over me such alot. Flashbacks happening again. I know the stages of grief but mine seem to flit from one stage to another? Hope it will even out.
Pet,
I remember reading that the grief stages can be experienced in any order and you can dip in and out of stages. Not a lot of comfort really, I think it's just something you have to go with. I hope you wake up experiencing a different stage again, tomorrow. I know you don't like to talk to your children too much about how you are feeling; could talk to one of your friends or someone at Cruse or Marie Curie? Cruse really helped me several months after I lost my Dad. If the grey doesn't lift, it's worth considering.

In the meantime, keep doing all the wellbeing things, even if you are just going through the motions: get some fresh air everyday, eat properly, do something you enjoy, be kind to yourself, talk to us and others.

(((Hugs))))

Melly1
Sydneyaus123 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:34 am
I had a phone call today to ask me how I found the services of the funeral home we used, 2 weeks ago. The girl on the phone was pleasant enough, but it was all so insincere. She was obviously from some call centre or main branch and it took me by surprise. She asked if I would leave a review of my 'experience' on their website to help 'others in their time of grief'.... The real fact is that it is marketing plain and simple. I didn't want or expect to be contacted, and I don't want to leave a review like I am reviewing a 'pizza order' or something. I found it totally inappropriate.
That behavour should be reported to the funeral director and his association that
funeral directors belong to,
Brian
Here is the thread.
I don't know how to attach it to yours.
Chris can you do it for me please and perhaps let me how to?? Please!!
Your wish is my ... bugle call ?

Name whatever thread ... in one ?

As to how to attach ?

Costs a small donation to one's food bank.
127 posts