[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
End of Dementia journey, start of? - Page 15 - Carers UK Forum

End of Dementia journey, start of?

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
164 posts
Very hard Pet, not to have physical contact or hugs - just a thought, but could your grandson bring his dog round and leave her/him in the porch? You could bring it into the house and borrow it for a few hours to stroke and cuddle and then they could collect it again from the porch. Not human touch - but pets can be very therapeutic.

Melly1
Had an upsetting short time this morning. It's pension day from hubby's private pension of which half was transferred to me when he died. It wasn't in this morning. Even though I guessed it was due to the circumstances now, I decided to find out. In the folder I have everything from last year. I forgot his order of service was there. To see his cheeky smile and face set me off. No one was available anyway, all working from home very understandably. Was premature of me as well, because checked again this afternoon and it's been paid in.
I feel more bereaved of late. Maybe because it's coming up to 12months and the lockdown which is affecting us all.
(((HUGS))) Pet. I had more painting to do today, but the body just refused, told me to have a day off. So it's baked pork chops tonight, with baked potatoes and some veg. About as little work as possible, can't give No.1 fish and chips from the chippy 2 days on the trot.

Allow yourself days like today, in all honesty it will never totally end. I come across something my husband has written, a photo, something special to him, and it really doesn't seem right that he isn't here, although it's nearly 14 years for me.

I loved him SO much, I get so fed up when people moan about their husbands and remind them of my situation!
My lovely husband died 12 months ago today. Much missed by all of the family 💔.
I can't even say how I feel. He's at peace, away from this dreadful pandemic. That is a blessing to be honest. Although if he was fit and strong he would have been my rock throughout.
Pet66 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:31 am
My lovely husband died 12 months ago today. Much missed by all of the family 💔.
I can't even say how I feel. He's at peace, away from this dreadful pandemic. That is a blessing to be honest. Although if he was fit and strong he would have been my rock throughout.
Hi Pet66,
Sending best wishes to you and your family. This is such an incredibly challenging time and I hope you have a chance to remember all the wonderful times you had with your husband.
Our thoughts are with you and please let us know if you need anything
Best wishes
Meg
Sending you (((hugs))) and cyber support.

Love,

Melly1
Thank you Meg.
I'm not in need of anything fortunately. I had lots of obstacles to get through since hubby was diagnosed and since died. So far have coped. Helps to write my feelings down.
Melly, thank you. A lovely friend you are.
12 months ago to date it was hubby's funeral.
I'm thankful we could give him the send off he truly deserved, and not having to go through the very sad limited funeral's relatives and friends are having to cope with during this pandemic..
He is missed very much and spoken off most times family get together, SD of course at the moment.
IMG_20200616_121747.jpg
This lovely rose has popped up in my garden! Hubby loved red roses.
Romantic notion, he's sent it to me. I'm allowed to have a silly thought occasionally?
That's beautiful Pet.
164 posts