[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
End of Dementia journey, start of? - Page 14 - Carers UK Forum

End of Dementia journey, start of?

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
138 posts
Hi Pet, it really is still early days in your bereavement.
Sometimes I likened it to being like a toddler learning to walk. Just when you think you've sussed it, something comes along and you fall flat on your face again.
You will go round, and round and round the same things again and again, it used to drive me mad at times, but one day, you know what is done is done, you always did your very best, and there is nothing more to think about that dreadful time in your life. I can now remember all the earlier fun, happy, crazy times we had together.

Pick Yourself Up
Frank Sinatra

Nothings impossible I have found
For when my chin is on the ground
I pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again
Don't lose your confidence if you slip
Be grateful for a pleasant trip
And pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again
Work like a soul inspired till the battle of the day is won
You may be sick and tired but you'll be a man my son
Don't you remember the famous man who had to fall to rise again?
They picked themselves up, dust themselves off and started all over again
Thank you!
Am coming up to wedding anniversary. Be glad when the day has been and gone. Bittersweet feeling. The last 5 were sad, but at least had the choice of seeing him, even if he didn't connect the day.
Have you decided how you will mark the day? ((( hugs)))
Melly1
My wedding anniversary is coming up soon
in 3 weeks too.
As I did with Xmas, I shall try and treat it as a normal day.
I miss her more now than just after she died. :(
Melly, I haven't considered doing anything to mark the day. Will either get on with something that needs doing, go out for a mooch, or just be lazy! He is never far from my mind.
Albert, I miss hubby more now than just after he died too. Pete the Paint said the same on one of his threads.
Such vivid dreams early hours. Mixed up but part was hubby was around and I asked him if he needed anything. The reply, yes a drink and that cake that's in the fridge! I haven't a cake in the fridge lol. I do love cake, and try to be wise regarding the amount I eat . Would have gladly let hubby have it. Felt so disorientated for ages this morning.
Confession time! I've banged on about Power of Attorney v Court of protection, for a long time, but hadn't ever got round to it. for myself. Well I had a light bulb moment yesterday,and told myself off. Started the ball rolling today.
Still in need of house refurb, but this is more important. New carpets can wait another few weeks.
Now, to have a chat with the water company, regarding the pros and cons of a water meter.
Part, tell your kids what you are doing, and then insist they do theirs!
138 posts