[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
End of Dementia journey, start of? - Page 12 - Carers UK Forum

End of Dementia journey, start of?

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
127 posts
I know have mentioned the delight of my beautiful great granddaughter arriving today. Cant stop crying at the fact that hubby isn't here to share. Keep telling myself he moved over to make room, he was so poorly in the end, mind and body but I didn't expect to feel like this. Needed to write it down as I can't possibly tell my family how I feel. DD first time nanny etc.
Congratulations to you all on the baby, but yes, how sad for you, as well. I am sorry.

Our first grandson was born 7 months after my beloved husband died. I cried in private then but gradually as time has gone on I have been able to explain to close family that I love grandson to bits but every milestone reminds me that OH should have been here to share it. It has helped me to express that - but as you say, it can't be done during the first days when everyone else is so excited. I’m glad you could share your feelings here.
Pet66 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:39 pm
I know have mentioned the delight of my beautiful great granddaughter arriving today. Cant stop crying at the fact that hubby isn't here to share. Keep telling myself he moved over to make room, he was so poorly in the end, mind and body but I didn't expect to feel like this. Needed to write it down as I can't possibly tell my family how I feel. DD first time nanny etc.
Congratulations!
Pet, understandable to feel this way. It's another first, isn't it, first arrival of a baby without Hubby here to share the news with. Share the news with him anyway and when this little one is older, I'm sure he will love stories about his Great Grandad.

Melly1
Haven't been feeling too bad to be honest. The baby has brought light to my life. Especially as she has a name now!
Today Im emotional. We have at last made proper plans to sort hubby's ashes. Knocked me back somewhat. Feels final. I know he wont be final as in how I miss him but....
Pet, glad the new baby is a welcome and joyful distraction.

Good you have rearranged to sprinkle hubby's ashes, another milestone. (((hugs)))

Melly1
DDs 1 and 2 took hubby's ashes to my parents grave today. I didn't cry at his funeral but cried at that. Awful feeling. Final? Told my dad to have a single malt with him!
Oh Pet,

big (((hugs))). Understandable to cry.

My Mum and especially my sister found it comforting to visit my Dad's and Nephew's resting place and having a chat. I hope you do too.

You were talking of having a piece of jewellery made with some of his ashes, did you go ahead with this?

Melly1
Melly
It wasn't me talking of having jewellery made from hubbys ashes. Believe it was a suggestion made? No its not something I would want to do. DDs gave me a couple of minutes on my own,so had a chat to him.
Oh Pet, sorry my mistake. I have a couple of grieving friends at the moment - so my mistake. I hope I didn't upset you. I'm glad you had a few mins alone with hubby for a chat. Is the location somewhere you can get to yourself if you wanted to?

Melly1
127 posts