End of Dementia journey, start of?

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
121 posts
This one to cruse bereavement please
I often donate in the supermarket to the food bank trolley they have set up. Even if only pasta and a jar of pasta sauce!
https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... ment-38717

( OPEN whatever thread in a new window ... CLICK on forum thread in the address bit in your browser ... COPY ... CLICK on URL symbol above and add to the posting ... PASTE within the URL bits and , hey presto ... add BOLD either side as I do. )

Now done and ... many thanks on behalf of the local food bank ... here in Worksop , a trolley is filled evey half day , in four
supermarket outlets ... even that's not enough on some occasions.
Today,I made myself go out. I know that sounds crazy. Have been wasting time at home, little motivation coming my way. Was a nice morning, so I caught a bus that goes down country lanes to get to the shopping centre. Some lovely orange and red leaves on trees which were spirit lifting. Had a mooch round, looked at a few things for ideas for a word that isn't allowed untill November! Back home just in time to avoid the rain. Listened to my inner self today, and thought bu***r the house etc.
Haven't listened to myself today. Kept telling myself to get out, but didn't go. Looking at the door, really wishing hubby would walk through. How ridiculous of me, of course he isn't going to. Tomorrow is another day.
Was arranged to meet my friend for our monthly catch up, but sadly her sister is very seriously ill. Poor ladies.
Pet,
Sounds like a tough day. Hope tomorrow is better. How about catching the bus down the country lanes again, that sounded lovely. Treat yourself to something from a cafe or get ideas for C_______s presies.
Sorry about your friend and her sister. Perhaps you could catch up by phone instead? Not quite the same, I know.

Melly1
Pet66 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:06 pm
Haven't listened to myself today. Kept telling myself to get out, but didn't go. Looking at the door, really wishing hubby would walk through. How ridiculous of me, of course he isn't going to.
That's not ridiculous at all. I sometimes look at my wife's favourite chair
thinking that that she may be sitting on it again.
Of course, she never will be but I like to dream. :)

So go through that door and get into the big outside world again.
My Mum's been gone 7 years now and sometimes something will happen that makes me reach for the phone thinking "I must tell Mum that". It's the same when I find myself thinking of my Dad who passed 30 years ago - I can't count the number of times I've thought "must ask Dad" when confronted with a DIY problem !

I don't think we ever stop thinking about our loved ones and wishing they were still here, but as long as we still remember them they aren't really "gone".
With me it is apples! My Bramley apple tree -yes my tree not Dad's is having a bumper year- loads and loads of super huge Bramley apples. I'm always in the garden with dogs picking up handfuls every time I'm out there and always feel the urge to come in and show Dad. He would have been so pleased with them all and I am just drowning in them!!!!!!!
Tried advertising on FB and that was a disaster- loads and loads of time wasters, missed appointments, rude messages, endless waffly messages , I could go on-never again.
I feel in a strange place? DDs and myself were going to scatter hubby's ashes today. Things have gone wrong for DD1. We were unable to do this. Gone back to Limbo feeling. Motivation is sparce. Am sure it will change.
Pet, that's understandable as you had psyched yourself up and mentally and emotionally prepared yourself.
I think now you have decided you are ready, you need to agree on another date, as soon as you both are free.

Melly1
121 posts