End of Dementia journey, start of?

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
85 posts
Hubby passed very peacefully at 1pm today. Not even a gasp at the last breath.
Just him and me, which I truly believe he wanted.
He was a brave man, in his life, and remained brave at the end.
Much loved.
I am so very sorry to hear this, Pet. He is at peace now and you were a wonderful wife to him, dedicated to the end. You could have done no more.

Hope your family are a comfort to you. Thinking of you all,
Anne x
So very sorry to hear this Pet, my thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time.

Your husband's long journey is now over and yours is just beginning - we will be here for you for as long as you need us.

Weep not for me though I am gone into that gentle night. Grieve if you will, but not for long upon my soul's sweet flight. I am at peace, my soul is at rest, and there is no need for tears. For with your love I was so blessed for all those many years. There is no pain; I suffer not, the fear now all is gone. Put now these things out of your thoughts, in your memory I live on. Remember not my fight for breath Remember not the strife. Please do not dwell upon my death, but celebrate my life.
Copyright 1992 Constance Jenkins,
(((HUGS))) Pet, be comforted that he is at peace now. You have done everything possible for him, and this will be a comfort to you for the rest of your life.

Now you have to deal with the formalities, for the next couple of weeks just concentrate on what MUST be done on a day by day basis. Think of it as a time of treading water, the end of a chapter of your life.
(((Hugs))) Pet.
As your thread title says, end of his journey but the continuation of yours. We are all still travelling with you as you face the twists, turns and decisions ahead. I feel like we are frineds and wish I could hug you in person, you loving, kind and genuine person you
Xxx
MrsA
(((Pet,)))

And you are one brave lady too.

I'm so sorry to hear hubby has passed; but relieved for him and you that he is now at peace.

I'm glad that you were able to be with him, to see him on his way.

Sending lots of (((hugs))) to you.

Melly1
xxxx
Oh Pet,

I'm so sorry to hear that. So glad you were with him at the end but had managed to get some sleep and rest first.

More virtual hugs from me.

How are you feeling? Remember, do what feels right for you now. Don't feel you have to conform to other people's expectations. They don't know how you feel. Few of them will have loved anyone as much as you two loved each other.

Don't let the circumstances get you forced into playing the perfect hostess unless you want to. I've seen this happen too often under the guise of it's good for you to keep busy. You decide what's right for you.

Don't feel you have to reply to this unless you want to although we'd love to hear from you and support you if you do. Either way try and give us an update sometime though, we'd love to know how you're feeling and what's going on in your life in the future.

Don"t forget we've got a wealth of experience on the practicalities if you need any advice.

Thinking of you with love. Be kind to yourself. You need it and you deserve it.
Weep if you must
Parting is hell
But life goes on
So sing as well.

When P's Dad died, 25 years ago, I remember laughing with the funeral directors as we made arrangements helped everyone. Even when his Mum died we laughed about the rather more staid funeral director's shiny shoes once he was gone.

It must have been difficult choosing to start a new thread and putting it in the bereaved, former carers area but making an important statement too.
I'm so sorry, Pet. You have been so brave to share your journey with us. This bereavement thing is horrible, isn't it?

Sending (((hugs)))
Pet,
Condolences for your loss, so many of us share your sorrow as you have so generously shared your experiences along the way to help others. I am sure it will not be long before you can feel peace and acceptance. Your husband was a lucky man and is now at peace.
85 posts