[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dad passed away ! - Carers UK Forum

Dad passed away !

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
My brave dad finally passed away Sunday evening. I am absolutely heartbroken, can't stop crying the pain is unbearable !!

Thankfully he was at home with me.

I live alone (sister not far away and will probably want to celebrate xmas) not sure she understands my grief as she was not as close and am dreading it.

I know there are so many others like me in pain and grieving. God bless us all.

L xxx
(((HUGS))) Louvaine, let the tears fall tonight better out than in.
Dad was lucky to be at home with a loving daughter caring to him, not in a hospital or care home.
If there is anything we can help you with,just ask.
Sending you hugs (((Louvaine))).

Take heart that your Dad died at home, with you and he is now at rest.

You cared for him to the end.

In time, happier memories will come to the fore.

Crying is better than holding in your grief.

Don't worry about Christmas just now, focus on getting through each day.

Melly1
After I was widowed I decided never to turn down any invitation to a social event, but told my hostess that I would probably just sit quietly in a corner. Not to worry if I slid away if I needed to. This worked well. You and your sister will grieve differently, but you are both dad's daughters. Remembering dad together will help. Don't push her away because you are hurting.