[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Easy to Access Bereavement Support - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Easy to Access Bereavement Support

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Andrew, in the middle of a pandemic that's easier said than done. They do anything to avoid patients going to the surgery. I needed to go to the surgery earlier in the summer. Notice said to buzz the intercom and WAIT. My buzz wasn't answered! After 8 minutes the pharmacy driver turned up. Finally the buzz was answered!
"build up a relationship with my gp" I don't have as such have a GP , its a big practise, 20 plus doctors, but you never get to see the GP you want its just chance, so i can't build up a relationship with the GP.

At the moment they are employing locums so you have to explain to someone you have never met and doesn't have a clue about your medical conditions and unpaid caring.

You phone to speak to the locum, follow up appointment and the locum has left, replaced with some other locum.

The Gp has clearly little understanding of unpaid carers, the burden of care, and the stress of your caree becoming ill and dying.

There were many arguments that i should contact Social Services, durr yes I have done, Social Services are cutting services not providing more services leaving carees high and dry with little support.

The GP Surgery should be unpaid carer friendly, providing priority and suitable appointments for unpaid carers. making sure unpaid carers are supported, my GP simply doesn't do that, nought to do with them.