[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Can't switch carer mode off - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Can't switch carer mode off

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Chris, I have been thinking about your reply a lot. I think it might be quite liberating. I am going to print it out and contemplate my chain a bit more.

bowlingbun I have just agreed to go away with family for a week, which might give me time to switch off the memories and maybe the time after I'll go on my own.
Maybe think of it as "laying the memories to rest" rather than switching them off.
I found I thought and thought about things (I found my husband dead in bed, which was awful) until there was no more to think about.
I'd taken legal advice, knew exactly what happened, but knew that there was nothing more that could be done, or thought, or said.
It was the same with tears. Alison Moyet had a song "All Cried out" and when that day came for me, it was a huge blessing.
What's done is done, time to move towards the future, whatever that holds.
I'm just back from a fantastic holiday in Crete. A regular feature in my life now. Walking, swimming, eating and most of all laughing with friends. I've come a long, long way in 12 years.
Chains ... even when removed , the occasional scar will be left ?

Not only just the physical one ?
Grief is the price we pay for loving. Better to have loved, and lost, than never to have loved.