Direct payments urgent advise

All about money
bowlingbun wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:47 am
Ritchie,

Your next step is to ask Social Services for a "2014 Care Act Advocate".

The advocate will be someone from an independent service, free of charge, who can help and support you through the meetings. When I'm stressed at meetings, some things go in one ear and out the other, so the advocate can make notes about what was said that we can go through afterwards.
I defo will do hopefully I can just move foward and be able to pay them back even if it’s a little a week I don’t want nothing to do with there money no more I just try survive my self x
I wouldn't say anything to them about paying them back to start with, because if they had been doing their jobs properly this situation would never have arisen in the first place.
There is no reason why your son should not continue to have Direct Payments though, they just need to appoint an independent person to manage them.
This is probably what they should have done right from the start, and they most definitely should have done more long, long ago.
bowlingbun wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:20 am
I wouldn't say anything to them about paying them back to start with, because if they had been doing their jobs properly this situation would never have arisen in the first place.
There is no reason why your son should not continue to have Direct Payments though, they just need to appoint an independent person to manage them.
This is probably what they should have done right from the start, and they most definitely should have done more long, long ago.
Do u think I live in hope but not that hopefully to be fair think there just cancel them am make me pay them back or investergate I have no idea to b fair but I know our life’s are gunba chabge my sons so used to my mum doing his care and with his autism he likes the same ppl no change x
That's why having someone else to manage the DP's would be the best solution for your son. He would see no change in his care, and it will be a huge relief for you to get rid of them.