carers allowance after person has passed.

For information and discussion about benefits
cant find anything on the dwp site and as things have changed with so called death beneifts im unsure of the answer to my question as i know it used to run on for a time. anyway does c.a run on after the person you cared for has passed away.? it was my husband although not sudden but still very upsetting time and i havent a clue on what happens with c.a does it stop from the date of death or what? cant find the difinitive answer.

thanks in advance :?:
Hi Anne ... a difficult time ... you have our sympathy.

On the CA and other benefits front , the following link will be of assistance :

http://www.carersoxfordshire.org.uk/cms ... s-benefits

The heading of the page on which you'll find much information :

How death affects benefits

As well as the emotional effects of the death of someone you cared for, there will be practical matters to deal with. Your own benefits may be affected, and you will need to notify the agencies that were paying benefits or tax credits for the person who has died. There are also benefits to help with funeral costs.

CA element ?

If you were receiving Carer’s Allowance when the person you cared for died, this will usually continue to be paid for eight weeks from the Sunday after their death. If you were receiving a carer premium or addition as part of your Income Support or Pension Credit, this will also continue for eight weeks.

Feel free to bounce anything off us here on this forum.
Hi Anne, welcome to the forum. There are lots of former carers here, it's a roller coaster of emotions.
I was widowed 12 years ago.
Google "Bereavement Support Payment" and go to the .gov site for some useful information.