carers allowance, income related esa and child tax credit!

For information and discussion about benefits
Hi. Apologies for the long post. I hope i explain everything ok for you all. I have a query about carers allowance and how it may affect our benefits.
I live with my husband and our two children (age 3 and 7). Neither of us work. My husband claims Income related ESA Support group for us as a couple. We get £173.65 a week (this amount includes £22.60 disability income guarantee and £36.20 extra money for being in the support group).

He gets PIP standard daily living and standard mobility.
I also get CHILD tax credit - £115 a week.
And we recieve housing benefit and have reduced coucil tax (band A).

My husband requires more than 35 hours a week care and so i was planning on claiming Carers allowance for him, but before i do this i wanted to know how it would affect our other money? I wouldn't want to claim it if we would potentially be worse off. I have tried looking for the answers online but i'm confused by it all.

What affect would me claiming carers have on our Esa?
Also would it mean our Child tax credit would be decreased?
Would housing benefit and council tax be affected?

Any help and information you could provide me would much much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Stacey.
Contact our Carers UK helpline, email is best, as the phone is usually busy.
Stacey - I just want to correct you.

You say that you 'don't work' ....but with a disabled husband and two small children I am prepared to bet that you work DAMN HARD!!!!

I would think a LOT harder than you would in a job!!!!

Hope the team of experts at Carers UK can give you the answer you are seeking.

Best wishes with it all -
jenny lucas wrote: Stacey - I just want to correct you.

You say that you 'don't work' ....but with a disabled husband and two small children I am prepared to bet that you work DAMN HARD!!!!

I would think a LOT harder than you would in a job!!!!

Hope the team of experts at Carers UK can give you the answer you are seeking.

Best wishes with it all -
Yes Jenny - you are right. I should of worded that much better. There is definitely ALOT of work involved. I suppose when there are so many people in the world who are so quick to call you for not going to 'work', you sometimes end up thinking that way yourself. But thank you, it's nice to be reminded that i'm working in my own way.

Heres hoping i get the answers i'm looking for! x
Stacey, I always remember an old cartoon of a chap with a questionnaire knocking at a house door, which is being opened by a woman.

The woman is dishevelled, holding a baby on her hip, two children tugging at her skirts, and she's got a vacuum cleaner in her hand.

She looks totally knackered.

The pollster says 'Ah, Mrs Smith, I see you don't work....'

!!!!!!