Working & caring!

For information and discussion about benefits
Hi I'm new to this site .and today I have just received a letter calling me to attend an interview under caution with reference to my claim.
My mam has had 3 strokes in the last ten year. And have been claiming carers but also working on and off within that time.
I have been living with my mam in the past but recently moved into my own place.
The majority of the times I'm there all weekend after work making up the 35 hours and also when I have days off.and the times I can't make it I have paid the carers allowance to whoever can cover me.
Am I allowed to do this? As I am now worried I will be done for fraud even though I have not used the money for my own benefit at all.
I work full time and my income is more than the 110 allowance.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hello Mark and welcome to the forum.

Firstly I have split your post into a topic of it's own so that other members will find it and come along with advice :)

Secondly the upper earnings limit for claiming CA is now £116 per week (went up in April this year). I suspect that the reason for the letter is that it has come to the DWP's notice that you are possibly earning more than this ? I doubt it is to do with the number of hours you care for Mam or that you sometimes pay someone else to sit with her out of your CA.

I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.

I'd also suggest that you check out the Carers UK factsheet on Carers Allowance which contains information on some of the deductions you can legally make to bring your earnings within the threshold - i.e, paying into a private pension plan. ... -allowance
Hi Susie thanks for replying.
Yes I think this is the case and I have good reason that this has been done maliciously by my ex wife who I've recently split with in the last 6 months.
On the letter I received it states that they would not discuss specifics of the case and I'm thinking of going to the local CAB for some advice on this.
In all the years I've claimed it has never been for my benefit as it has good towards helping my mother or by paying others to cover for me.