[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Working and caring ? - Carers UK Forum

Working and caring ?

All about money
Anyone with suggestions for my entitlements at work as im now caring for my wife who has secondary progressive MS ?
Really finding it hard to balance work and caring and my health is suffering as a consequence
Hi David, I've replied on your other post. :)
David, my oh had PPMS and when something had to give then work went as helpful or sympathetic they were not.
Look after you first because you can't look after your caree if you don't.
Wise words Myrtle...... i have struggled for sometime now and its not getting any easier. I may have to reduce hours to start but it will only get worse,not better
I work as well and up to now we have managed quite well as my younger son is at university and is often at home and my older son works at home 2 days a week. My job is by no means secure and there is talk of reduced hours. I work 30 hours a week at the moment term time only but I can't afford to give it up completely.

I have heard that one of the benefits though is going to become earnings related and it's an all or nothing deal. I don't earn much anyway so we just couldn't manage if they cut one of the benefits.

Does anyone know anything about this?
last time i checked im sure we wasnt entitled to any benefits other than a mobility car.
i will have to check again i think.......