[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Caring & Employment - Carers UK Forum

Caring & Employment

All about money
Hi All,

I am not sure if I have posted this under the correct topic / heading but I work part time (18 hours per week) - am I entitled to anything with regards to my caring, at work? Or how would I find out if I am?

Thank you

Ems
Hi Ems

Carers Allowance lets you earn upto £110.00 per week or £473.00 PCM but it is earnings that are counted not hours you have worked. This is NET earnings so Tax and NI are not counted. If your 18 hours take you over this limit you may still qualify for CA. There are work related expenses you can claim such as mileage and if you still have an excess of earnings above £110.00 then you can open up a pension plan and so long as you put in double the excess you will be ok. You can offset half of any pension contributions. There are many posts on here with other advise for offsetting earnings.