Will carers allowance now go up?

All about money
I very much doubt it, the government prefer to keep us carers at the bottom of the pile, if we had the financial means we may be able to stand up for ourselves and that would never do would it?.
Big deal! What a slap in the face. We are not unemployed! We should be paid on a level with the amount we save them and if two people care for someone whose disability is so severe that they require two people then BOTH should get it. I have already written to the SNP and told them where to shove their increase to match unemployment benefit! (Clue: no sun shines there).

Eun
Any increase in CA is an improvement. Obviously we would all like a lot more, especially for heavy end carers. Frankly, raising the CA from £62 to even £162 or £262 will not solve that either - the real problem is far more structural than that.
Somehow, we need to stop lazy bone-idle individuals accumulating massive wealth at the expense of the hard-working poor, and that will take a revolution.
Scally wrote:Any increase in CA is an improvement. Obviously we would all like a lot more, especially for heavy end carers. Frankly, raising the CA from £62 to even £162 or £262 will not solve that either - the real problem is far more structural than that.
Somehow, we need to stop lazy bone-idle individuals accumulating massive wealth at the expense of the hard-working poor, and that will take a revolution.
The revolution won't happen, with the i'm ok jack attitude of people with the money, and those of us who mostly have nothing, are thank full of any scraps they get, and don't have the energy to stand up and fight, just look at what government as been in power since the 80's, con's and a watered down version of the con's, people have just let it happen.
The Green Party supports a citizen's basic income for all: I'll be voting for them because they have come up with an idea that beats the benefits/work cliff edge. Naturally it will be paid for with higher rates of tax, but it would at least guarantee everyone some dignity and security, and most people would be better off.
Scally wrote:Any increase in CA is an improvement. Obviously we would all like a lot more, especially for heavy end carers. Frankly, raising the CA from £62 to even £162 or £262 will not solve that either - the real problem is far more structural than that.
When the revolution comes bags i shoot you know who ,but £162 would be quite nice .
david c wrote: When the revolution comes bags i shoot you know who ,but £162 would be quite nice .
Join the queue ...