[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Really Struggling - Suspension - Carers UK Forum

Really Struggling - Suspension

All about money
Hi everyone,

I started work a couple of months ago and earned about £135 per week.

When I informed the Carers Allowance Unit they suspended my payments until I could sent them a payslip.

It was a month before I got paid but I didn't get a payslip as the company only issue them electronically via their HR website. I tried to access the site to print one off but was unable to gain access.

I had to give up the job after 6 weeks because the hours they wanted me to work were not what we originally agreed and weren't suitable for me.

I have sent my bank statement to the CA Unit along with receipts for care costs. I have also sent my P45 showing how much I earned but they don't have it yet despite me sending in the original a few weeks ago.

I have now missed 2 CA payments and will miss a 3rd soon. I am sinking financially and this is really stressing me out. I keep calling them for an update but they aren't overly helpful most times and just say they don't have the required info as yet.

I don't know what else to do, all I know if I can't go on like this.

Any advice welcomed.

I believe the system is very unfair, the earnings limit is ridiculous and needs to be looked at to make work pay for us carers.

I am so frustrated and I don't know when payment will start again.
Hi Pat
sorry to hear of your frustrating difficulties. They certainly don't make it easy do they? If you are successful in finding more suitable hours in the future it is worth reading the advice on this web site about earning more than the set amount per week and putting the extra (double the excess) into a pension within the same calendar month. This is a bit fiddly to monitor if you work variable unpredictable hours but definitely worth doing.
I usually scan my payslip or take a copy before I send it off to CA unit.
It is probably worth contacting your former HR department and seeing if they can fax your pay details over to the CA people. It really is worth working if you can fit in a few hours but if you can think of a job with flexible hours so much the better.
Take a look at these links
http://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-a ... rant-21063

http://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-a ... week-21683
Hope you get things sorted soon.
You can legally earn up to £1,000 a month - or more - and still get Carers Allowance, but you need to master the small print and be very good at keeping records. Trust me, you will build up a fantastic pension pot in no time at all!
Thanks for the replies.

Still no decision been made on it.

I am finding things really difficult financially and wish I had never taken the job in the first place.
I think the problem is that you are earning more than the £102 limit and they are saying "oh she is earning too much for CA".
You will have to prove to them that the rest is going on legitimate expenses like pension and/or payment for care (can be something like art lessons) of which 50% is deductible. This means that you will have to pay aprox £66 a week into a pension or use it to fund care for your caree in order to claim CA as well. As CA is £61.35 you may decide that its not worth it, but bear in mind that it will improve your pension.
You should also be aware that the mail destined for the DWP doesn't always go to the address you put on the envelope. They have employed an outside agency to open and sort the mail for them. So whilst you have sent them something, it may take a while to go through this system. I once addressed something to Dorset, Special Delivery, only to find it was opened and sorted in the Trowbridge area of Wiltshire!!!!
I have just realised that you have given up work are still not getting CA :o
DWP are incredibly slow and they have probably shut down over Christmas/New Year :( You will get it backdated, but thats not much comfort at the moment I expect.
Pat_140923 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have sent my bank statement to the CA Unit along with receipts for care costs. I have also sent my P45 showing how much I earned but they don't have it yet despite me sending in the original a few weeks ago.

Any advice welcomed.

I am so frustrated and I don't know when payment will start again.
Always, always, always send all forms to DWP via Recorded Delivery or even by Special Next Day Delivery for PIP application forms etc. I know it costs but the security of being able to tell them when it was delivered & who signed for it is priceless.

My wife's DLA was changed to PIP in Oct 2014 but her monthly payments stopped in Oct & she's just getting her 3 months arrears within the next 3 to 5 days. She wasn't told about the delay, the payments just stopped.

I hope you get yours sorted out soon as you don't need the added stress..