[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
very worried & feel stressed - Carers UK Forum

very worried & feel stressed

All about money
Hi I am a carer,and I am very worried as Hubby gets DLA at the moment. He is over 65 and I am terrified that he will not get any thing else.I also get carers allowance.( Big deal) & its taxed as well. Why when I am saving this government from thousands!! I will never ever see my hubby in a home. He is here with me.The whole system is wrong. When a Mother who has 11 children can have a new home built and yet I cant even get attendance allowance as I am awake most of the night worried in case my Hubby needs me in the night. Regards amandah
Amandah, the benefits system is very complicated. Don't get too stressed, ring up the Carers UK helpline. Depending on your financial circumstances, Social Services could arrange a package of care for you, but it's best to speak to a helpline because there are so many things which can vary. If you never get a good night's sleep, because you are always semi awake, then find out more about the various alarms etc. which are available.
Thanks for your sweet reply. Yes your right. I need to stay on top . Had a bad morning as poor hubby has to attend the low vision clinic as he has the start of cattaratchs ( sorry spelling) In both eyes, so feel tearful and not doing anxiety any good. Anyway the weather does not help, its freezing cold. Hope all is well, regards amandah