[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
debate about charging patients for NHS care - Carers UK Forum

debate about charging patients for NHS care

All about money
Please note this is a BMA discussion NOT fact but may be an issue that other members here want to keep an eye on and comment.
Doctors to kickstart debate about charging patients for NHS care

British Medical Association conference to discuss motion calling current system unviable and proposing fees for some services
Doctors will kickstart a debate about patients paying for NHS care by arguing that everyone should receive a set of core services free but charges should be introduced for others.

Delegates at the British Medical Association's annual conference will propose on Monday that ministers contemplate bringing in what would be highly controversial fees for accessing certain health services, as a way of ensuring that the NHS continues to be viable.

Doctors will tell the 500-strong gathering in Edinburgh that they have to "face the unpalatable truth that free at the point of contact can no longer be sustained".
read in full here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/ ... g-nhs-care
If the BMA are opening up the debate it's surely on the cards at some point then. Of course we've seen how much in the patient's interest charging for dentistry has been - not...Opens up a whole can of worms if you ask me - What will be charged? Who will be exempt? The list could go on and on...
VERY frightening.
We have had to go with Denplan for our dentist, my husband's charges per month are more than double mine,because his health causes more problems with his teeth.
I don't think we would ever be able to afford whatever payments were necessary.