[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Unwanted 'paid' friends/helpers in the home - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Unwanted 'paid' friends/helpers in the home

All about money
Exactly Pennie! I am worried about this too... My father asked me to arrange a codicil (pre last hospital visit) to make above said carer the beneficiary of a small, but good, cash payment, but NO WAY am I going to do this now! Especially as he also is talking about having this 'carer' (who is telling me how to treat my father???) as co-executor..
I hope my father will behave according to 'type' and 'do nothing!'
I would start thinking about covert cameras, to find out what was going on, and what was said, when I wasn't there!
In hand BB ;-) Thanks for the support..
Contact Adult Social Services and raise a safeguarding concern. You can ask not to be drawn into it so your father won't blame you for any consequences.
Thanks H, that is my next port of call on Monday...
Another thought. Is she working, or claiming benefits? DWP have a fraud hotline I believe!
Thanks BB that is on my list.. for later on. (She is not declaring the money my father gives her for her 'services.')
She has not shown me her DBS, self-employed status or carers insurance. Because.. she is not a carer! Just someone who promoted themselves in my fathers time of need...
She has 'another lady' she goes to once a week and a friend advised I need to pass this info onto someone too as it could be trickier for that lady as she has no family about.
The plot thickens!