[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers Direct Payment - Carers UK Forum

Carers Direct Payment

All about money
I'm sole carer for my 35 year old son who has Down's Syndrome and significant associated health issues. I had to give up my career with the Civil Service when my husband died nearly 4 years ago (he had stayed at home to enable me to work fulltime) The years since have been very tough. Sadness and loss are still with us everyday. Money is tight and I feel very isolated at times. Small nuggets of support have been positive though; I receive a £10 a week Direct Payment and have been using this to hire garden help. I can't see how I could manage without this help. I've now had notice that this payment is to cease this week - such payments are being phased out in Staffordshire. In its place is the offer of 'advice, information and signposting to the carers' website'. I, like most other carers, don't have the time or energy to go hunting for support. Any advice on how to challenge this decision would be very welcome.
There is some info about negotiating direct payments on this page:
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... t-payments
You could also try speaking to or emailing the CarersUK adviceline