[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ISA or sickness benefit - Carers UK Forum

ISA or sickness benefit

All about money
Can someone please HELP. I,ve been to the doctors toady.RE anxiety & depression. I recieve care allowance. £62.00 per wk & ISA £34.50 per wk. the Dr has given me a sick note to stop me having to job search @ the moment (brother very ill). Would I lose money or gain
Hello Sally

Sorry but personally I can't answer your question as to whether you would lose or gain so I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team. However as far as I am aware if you are in receipt of Carers Allowance you should be exempt from having to job search - apart from answering your original question they will be able to confirm if you are exempt or not.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
Welcome to the forum.

Be sure to ring the helpline, they made me £50 better off, so I know how good they are!

Are you sure your brother is also receiving everything he is entitled to? Have you asked Social Services for a Needs Assessment for him, and a Carers Assessment for yourself? He might even be entitled to Direct Payments, which could be paid to you for the care you are giving.
Thank you. I'll ring 2 Moro. I know he gets PIP. But I can't live on what I recieve. He's in hospital at mo. Thks again