[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carers allowance cut - Carers UK Forum

carers allowance cut

All about money
CARERS ALLOWANCE TO BE FROZEN..
the carers allowance is NOT on the list of benfits to be exempt from the NEW cuts. pensions , maternity benefits , disability benefits are exempt carers allowance is not a disability benefit but a working age benefit if inflation is at 2% the carers allowance is technically cut by 2%
Yes, I wondered about that too. In the old days, the Chair or CEO of C-UK would be right on the phone to the Minister giving them hell. I hope our high head yins haven't lost that ability to go to the top.
on local news it was said the cuts don't affect our friends in Scotland ??? whadaya think true or not
ooops universal credit starts for all in Feb. 2015 thank god I retire in 2016 ...cant wait and I wont campaign for owld pensioners to get carers allowance as well as state pension ...
Well, one of the concessions under discussion is devolving welfare to the Scottish Parliament, in which event we might take a different course of action. Of course, that all depends on how much of the oil and tax revenues we are 'allowed' to retain, after paying for things like Trident that we don't actually need or want.
My view is that this Indy vote is unfinished business: the movement won't simply crawl away under a stone and die until they have something pretty close to devo-max federalism.

I 'retire' in 2018, whatever that means! I certainly don't have a passport to a zero-caring life, and I suspect I will continue to work in some form or other, on my own terms. This household still pays a lot more tax than we claim back in benefits, but I'm not complaining about our situation, as long as a certain football club remains solvent Mrs Scally (who could have retired this year) will probably also continue to plod on and be the main breadwinner. Retirement doesn't hold out a golden future for me, I would quite like to keep my hand in and earn some pocket money for my adventures.
re universal cockup ,does that mean that people who have filled in forms for esa will have to fill more forms out.
i think i will book a one way ticket to switzerland for malcolm and i and book in to one of those clinics that end it all .
david c wrote:re universal cockup ,does that mean that people who have filled in forms for esa will have to fill more forms out.
i think i will book a one way ticket to switzerland for malcolm and i and book in to one of those clinics that end it all .
That would be very dull, and you would never find out who won the League this year, and by the way, nothing is Switzerland is free, and even their chocolate is crap!
i am sick of this country ,sick of the fools who run it ,sick of the fools who vote ,sick of the tv and the papers ,the bankers who caused the crisis .
i think a nice flight to chocoland ,then one little I D S ,and it will be all over .
Hardly a day goes by without our M.P`s congratulating carers on the work they do for their family many carers have had to give up work to care and their main benefit is the carers allowance set at £61 per week some £15 lower then the unemployment benefit and it is the only benefit conditional on the claimant working , carers must work a minimum of 35 hours per week the carers allowance may have been raised by £5 per month but they will now see a freeze on their benefit and with inflation close to 2% this is actually a cut of £5 per month I wonder if the prime minister will still call carers the "unsung heroes of society " "those who have done the right thing for their family " will he still ask us to turn around for the customary "pat on the back" or as OSBORNE has done place a knife between our shoulder blades, are carers now to be classed as scrounger's & skivers carers have yet again been ignored by all political party's we are a group of some 1 million who work tirelessly supporting disabled family member's and save the N.H.S. alone some 120 billion each and every year
well said ,i still think we would be better off under a labour govt with a couple of hundred rebellious backbenchers who will remind milliband the reasons the labour party was founded
for .