[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tories 'will give carers week off' - Carers UK Forum

Tories 'will give carers week off'

All about money
Full-time carers will be guaranteed one week's paid leave under the Conservatives, party leader Ruth Davidson has pledged.

The Tories will give the guarantee to carers who work more than 50 hours a week looking after a loved one, Miss Davidson will tell her party conference in Stirling.
http://icscotland.icnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... _page.html
How generous. I wonder how many other workers, who work 50 hours a week or more, for less than the minimum wage, get just one week paid leave per year (and still work on public holidays!)
Ladybird 17, it doesn't say that it would be a paid break! Perhaps they intend taking away the Carers Allowance for that week! After all,if my son goes into respite care for a week, he has to pay every penny of his income from the privilege. Image
I agree with you though.I used to be a nurse, and we had five weeks paid annual leave and two weeks leave as there are ten bank holidays a year,we had time and two thirds pay on top of that if we actually worked a Bank Holiday.
I see it's only for Scotland too.
Don't worry Myrtle these policies are an irrelevance - the Conservatives are non existent up here - we have more pandas than Conservatives! Image

Eun
I kind of thought it was a sop to get some voters! Image Image Image
Youre probably right, myrtle - just goes to show how out of touch they are Image
Don't worry Myrtle these policies are an irrelevance - the Conservatives are non existent up here - we have more pandas than Conservatives! Image

Eun
Image Image Image
I wont hold me breath on that one lol
What are we supposed to do with our son when we get given this "week off" then since one of the reasons we can't have a break is that there isn't respite available for him? That is why he is going to the Scottish Parliament on Thursday to talk about his petition regarding the lack of respite.

Eun