[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Self employed, carers allowence and tax return - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Self employed, carers allowence and tax return

All about money
Marie_1407 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:42 pm
Just a quick question if carers is a taxable income should I have said I have more than one source of income? ie I work for more than one person? Thank you.
The Carer's Allowance is a taxable benefit. There is a place on the Self Assessment Tax Return where you enter taxable benefits.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying you work for more than one person? You have income from Self-employment and you receive a taxable benefit.
Please remember what I said about your taxable income, and that that CA are interested in, being gross income (i.e. the amount the customer pays you) and net income (i.e. your gross income LESS EXPENSES).

Your accounts should have columns for things like heat, light, insurance, printer, printer paper, ink, cost of the computer, broadband, petrol used for the business, mileage rate etc. etc.etc. HMRC list things like this. Find out if there is business start up advice service in your area, which will be able to help you.
WhizzyWoo1954 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:44 am
Marie_1407 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:42 pm
Just a quick question if carers is a taxable income should I have said I have more than one source of income? ie I work for more than one person? Thank you.
The Carer's Allowance is a taxable benefit. There is a place on the Self Assessment Tax Return where you enter taxable benefits.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying you work for more than one person? You have income from Self-employment and you receive a taxable benefit.
Thanks, that answers my question. Thank you all for your help.