[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Retirement and benefits - Carers UK Forum

Retirement and benefits

All about money
I have less than a year until I retire but currently off work with a back condition and have been for 3 months. Work are currently trying to provide light duties but my wife's condition has deteriorated dramatically and I just think it's impossible for me to return to work. This is a stressful situation combined with my back issues and I'm struggling daily just keeping things ticking over...
all advice most welcome
Thank you
Has your wife had a Needs Assessment from Social Services, and you, a Carers Assessment?
No, neither of those has been conducted.... pip assessment was done at home this year and a oh visit last year which was of no help at all.
First thing is to contact social services and explain your situation. Tell them you need carers support in the home in order for you to remain at work until your retirement. I assume your pension will be affected if you have to finish early? Also ask about respite care to give you a break and re-charge your batteries, as you are entitled to this.
I have been caring for my husband for the last thirteen years and haven’t had a holiday for the last six years as I wasn’t aware of my rights. This information isn’t volunteered. Start by speaking to your GP who can get a care package in place for you. This will then be referred to social services who will assess your needs.