[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Reassessment of PIP - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Reassessment of PIP

All about money
Thank you for all your comments. We've so far had a text message from the DWP to say they'd received our form. Plus my husbands social worker said he'd had a call to ring them. We're hoping given the body of evidence we've provided to them he won't be called for interview.
For those who've posted Re ESA interview, we had that a few years ago, so long as you research and plan everything you wish to discuss, don't let them rush you, write notes of anything you wish to keep a record of which is said. That bit seemed to unsettled the assessor at the time, but so what! We felt we were fighting for our life at the time..
I'll keep you posted with any news.
Just to update this post finally got the results of the last pip assessment and I am reeling we have been put on the standard mobility and daily living allowance even though P has deteriated this last year and is higher medication and now has a OT, how they come up with this decision I do not know but we now have to go through the stress of appealing.
I'm sorry to hear that, Rosie. There's a thread with a link to a guide to appealing a PIP assessment:
http://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-a ... peal-26082 If the link doesn't work (I'm not sure how to paste it properly, it was posted by Trigpoint.
Rosie_1508 wrote:Just to update this post finally got the results of the last pip assessment and I am reeling we have been put on the standard mobility and daily living allowance even though P has deteriated this last year and is higher medication and now has a OT, how they come up with this decision I do not know but we now have to go through the stress of appealing.

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... peal-26082
I understand that about 50% of appeals are successful. Be sure to ask the DWP for a copy of the assessors report asap. When I applied for DLA, my assessor's report bore no relationship with reality. He even said that Waitrose's disabled car park was 300 yards from the shop, when in reality it was just two! Once I saw the report I worked through it systematically, treating it like a degree project. I found so many things wrong with it that I doubt if the assessor (from Atos) was ever allowed to work for them again!! Try to find someone to help you with your appeal.
Thanks for the link There is a local disabled group here who I contacted who have advised me also so have to get the full written decision first to pick apart although even on their points can see they have missed so many points already. It just feels like one step forward three steps back at the moment.