[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Please Can Someone Tell Me How I Can Contact ESA Benefits - Carers UK Forum

Please Can Someone Tell Me How I Can Contact ESA Benefits

All about money
Hello
My problems just go on and on.......
I am in receipt of ESA (Support Group due to disability / illness)
I will be 65 towards the end of this year so from 4th July my ESA has increased until the end of November when it will stop.
However I checked my bank account this lunchtime and found this weeks payment hasn't been paid.
So I tried to phone the ESA Office to find out why the payment hadn't been made.
I went through the automatic "Why was I phoning" then "Which Department / Benefit Do I wish to speak about" and I held on, and on, and on.
I held on for 25 minutes then I got hand cramp (arthritis) so I hung up.
Made myself a coffee then tried again with the same result - I hung on for 25 minutes
It was the same all afternoon - but with determination I kept phoning and holding.
I was on the phone from 1.30 until 5.50 pm when I finally gave up.
If I write to the ESA Office my letter will get lost in the Central Benefits Mail Office so I don't want to write a letter which won't get seen by someone
Plus I need my money paid - because I cannot work due to illness.
So please can someone advise me how on earth I tackle the problem of contacting and speaking to a proper person in the ESA Benefit Office?
Sorry to go on but I am really annoyed.
Thank you
Milly, sorry, I can't answer your question, however I have the same problem with my arthritis. My solution is a cordless phone with a loud speaker facility, so that you can put it on the desk while holding, but hear when they finally answer. My phone also has a timer, so I can see exactly how long I've been holding on for. Mine is a BT phone, but they are a bit annoying, especially if you move your hand and accidentally touch the mute button on the side, effectively cutting off the call!!
Before making this sort of call, I now always have a wee and make a cup of coffee, with some sewing or paperwork to shuffle. You may be there some time.
I recall there used to be an email option (I used it in my previous ESA claim last year) but I believe now have been abolished for ESA (or CA) claimants (at least I couldn't find it)

I think you're best option is to contact CAB (or another welfare advocacy unit) and see if they will call for you (while you are there being seen).

I do empathise as DWP's telephone (un)help(ful)line is clearly a deliberate tactic to put off claimants.