[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PIP refusal... then PIP SUCCESS - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

PIP refusal... then PIP SUCCESS

All about money
73 posts
Petal wrote:Hi folks just a quick update,
have spoken to our gp who is very supportive, and he is willing to backup our claim, sorry I am in the habit of saying "our" now even if it just concerns OH. I rang the PIP dept at the begining of the week...I posted the request to look at claim again on the 19th of Jan and was told this, Oh yes we received your letter on the 29th, and it has been passed to the decision maker for reveiw, I told them our doctor would be happy to discuss it with them and the operator at other end said yes we know coz it was in your letter, I asked how much longer it would take considering the claim originally went in on 21 October.... reply... we have a back log of 9 weeks... well that will take us into April says I, mmmm yes she said, but it probablly won't take that long! Ha ha I thought, You will have payment backdated she said! well flipping woopy do! I can't claim carers allowance till PIP awarded so am loosing out as that won't be backdated will it?
So the wait goes on, grrrrr.
I seem to remember you can put your claim in for CA and if/when your PIP goes through the CA will be backdated as well?
I seem to remember you can put your claim in for CA and if/when your PIP goes through the CA will be backdated as well?
I will have to check that out, but i seem to recollect that CA can only be claimed if PIP is awarded. But worth checking.
ALSO had a second refusal letter after manditory reconsideration.
Now I am setting up a tribunal appeal in motion but need some advice and help, is the CAB any good with this sort of thing? And the thing is I feel it will have to be a paper only appeal as OH is so unpredictable with his mood he will just say forget it as he just can't be bothered, but I think as he was 2 points off the living componant it is worth fighting for.
Does he have to attend the tribunal ? or can I attend on his behalf as I also have his POA.?
Any helpful suggestions please
I've been to a number of tribunals, I'd rather deal with 3 human beings than on the phone. If you have POA then I would arrange to be there personally, and explain why OH didn't attend.
thanks bowlinbun, I will give that ago when I fill in the tribunal form. I too prefer to speak face to face as I think I can make the points of how OH is rather than written down. will keep everyone posted
Also someone said i should apply for careers allowance even though the PIP award isn't sorted, what would you suggest?
Not sure what the exact rules say. However, if in doubt, claim. Better to claim, and have your claim adjusted, than not to apply, only to find out later that they won't backdate it although you would have been eligible if you'd applied earlier!
Not sure of PIP rules, but previously with DLA you could claim DLA and CA at the same time and if DLA was awarded at a rate CA was allowed they were both backdated.

Heading down the route of war with DWP myself but have plenty of supporting evidence, my MP has already written and has written again on Friday and the original investigating officer has been phoned and informed that the information he gave me has been ignored and he is going to look into it and take it further if needs be. I have our Scally to thank for pushing me to take this battle further. I can fight for others and win fairly easily, but words fail me when i have to justify myself...............We were down to the wire with date to appeal by, but i emailed them which is timelined and is still in writing. At least that has gone to the correct department in Scotland and not Wolverhampton handling centre. My call to them was futile a few weeks ago as the chap said "It does not matter to whom the pension is paid or if their name is spelt incorrectly, it is an overpayment, we are having the money back".

I sometimes wonder if the people working in these government departments are trained to assume everyone they deal with is a master criminal.xx
Well I have today posted the tribunal forms with submission included.
After the second mandatory reconsideration was refused I phoned DWP/PIP to ask for copy of Atos assessment and I asked if the decision maker had contacted our GP as requested and was told by the advisor that NO there was no record of that..... that was what made my mind up to go to tribunal. I spent hours surfing the net so I was well informed. So I now will be waiting for an acceptance letter and hearing date. It's only been 20 weeks since I put in the original PIP claim form! I have also sent in claim form for CA and explained we are awaiting for PIP award to be settled. why oh why do they make things so longwinded and stressful? Has anyone here actually won their appeal for PIP award? need some encouragement that it is going to be worth it.
XYes definitely worth it. There's usually one member with legal training, and someone with lots of disability knowledge. No one from DWP. They will sit behind a table, and ask you questions. It has to be fairly formal, but won't be at all hostile. They will look at the information provided, look at the eligibility criteria, and decide whether or not you qualify. I've been to quite a lot, glad you are taking this route.
Petal wrote:Well I have today posted the tribunal forms with submission included.
After the second mandatory reconsideration was refused I phoned DWP/PIP to ask for copy of Atos assessment and I asked if the decision maker had contacted our GP as requested and was told by the advisor that NO there was no record of that..... that was what made my mind up to go to tribunal. I spent hours surfing the net so I was well informed. So I now will be waiting for an acceptance letter and hearing date. It's only been 20 weeks since I put in the original PIP claim form! I have also sent in claim form for CA and explained we are awaiting for PIP award to be settled. why oh why do they make things so longwinded and stressful? Has anyone here actually won their appeal for PIP award? need some encouragement that it is going to be worth it.
They make it so stressful so you will give up and not claim, so keep going.
As each day goes by I get more determine, I will NOT give up or go away, it is just the long drawn out time scale of it all, 20 weeks and counting! and if tribunal hearing isn't for another say 28 days( 4 wks) it is just draining.
I am seeing our supportive GP next Thursday and will try to get a detailed evidence letter for hearing, and memory support worker coming to see us at home on 26th this month so will ask her aswell. afterall the more evidence I can give surely is a good thing.
73 posts