[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PIP checker - Carers UK Forum

PIP checker

All about money
I have just put hubbys details in and it says nothing will happen till after October 2015 now he turns 65 next year so I wonder if he will just stay on dla
I have just put hubbys details in and it says nothing will happen till after October 2015 now he turns 65 next year so I wonder if he will just stay on dla
Copied this from Gov site.

There are no plans to replace DLA for children under 16 or for DLA recipients who were aged 65 and over on 8 April 2013.
Because you were aged 65 or over on 8 April 2013 when PIP was introduced, you can continue to get Disability Living Allowance for as long as you’re eligible.
3. I am a pensioner and get DLA. Will these changes affect me?

Only DLA claimants who are over the age of 16 and under the age of 65 on the 8 April 2013, or who reach the age of 16 after October 2013 will be asked to claim the new benefit.

If you are aged 65 or over on 8 April 2013 you will not be able to claim Personal Independence Payment and will continue to receive DLA for as long as you meet the entitlement conditions.

If you are aged 64 on 8 April 2013 and turn 65 once Personal Independence Payment has been introduced, you will need to be reassessed for Personal Independence Payment. Because we will not begin to ask DLA claimants whether they want to claim Personal Independence Payment until after October 2015 (unless they have a fixed term award which is due to expire or their condition changes) then some people will be over 65 when we contact them.

We want to see how the assessment for the new benefit works for people age 16-64 before deciding if Personal Independence Payment should be extended to people over 65.

FAQ here

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/spec ... #pensioner
Same here, it's at least two years away. Presumably by that time Scotland will be a nation again!
Totally confused it seems to be contradicting itself! Paul is 65 next year and he has an indefinite award so wont be looked at till Oct 2015 so with him being 65 then I haven't a clue what will happen!
It looks like with him not being 65 yet he will be asked to claim PIP but yet if hes not going to be contacted till 2015 then he will be 66 and once you are 65 you stay on dla if already on it, so say they comne to him when hes 66 he wont be able to claim PIP as its only up to 65 so he will lose the DLA.....confused? I am
thought when you get to 65 dla is replaced with attendance allowance
thought when you get to 65 dla is replaced with attendance allowance
No if your on DLA before 65 you keep it when you turn 65
Totally confused it seems to be contradicting itself! Paul is 65 next year and he has an indefinite award so wont be looked at till Oct 2015 so with him being 65 then I haven't a clue what will happen!
It looks like with him not being 65 yet he will be asked to claim PIP but yet if hes not going to be contacted till 2015 then he will be 66 and once you are 65 you stay on dla if already on it, so say they comne to him when hes 66 he wont be able to claim PIP as its only up to 65 so he will lose the DLA.....confused? I am
My husband is the same and I'm confused too!
I have just been googling and got another forum with the same questions, apparently one poster rang the DWP to ask and she was told they didn't have a clue but if the poster found the answer would she let them know!!
We want to get a car on his mobility but I don't want to go and get one and then have it taken away when PIP comes in. There is an article in the paper today by that disabled mp and she said that some para olympians have lost out on mobility with PIP Image
The whole idea of PIP is not to allow people to have a life, which was the idea of DLA, but to chop the welfare bill Image