[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PIP/Carers Allowance - Carers UK Forum

PIP/Carers Allowance

All about money
Can anyone that has been through the DLA to PIP change over comment on how PIP will affect carer's allowance or what is the qualifying level equivelent at the moment on DLA, middle rate care. I deal with my sons benefits and on receiving his 2015 DLA award letter, will be going through the process sometime this year. I have already been through the nightmare regarding the change over from Incapacity to ESA. He was awarded DLA indefinetly due to his medical condition and now having to deal with this "officialdom" once again is a stress that carers can do without!
information can be found on this link
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... ce-payment

and here
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... -allowance

You look after someone who gets one of the following qualifying disability benefits.

This includes:
•Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either the middle or highest rate for personal care needs
•Attendance Allowance (at either rate) or Constant Attendance Allowance of the normal maximum rate paid with the Industrial Injuries or War Pensions schemes

•the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) (at either rate)
Thanks for the reply rosemary.
Hi,
Over the years as a carer I've had to deal with all sorts of forms etc, from the pensions people. Now it is getting worse. I even start dreaming about the things yes including the dreaded PIP. My wife has MS (41 years), she requested assistance with information to give ESA, from a doctor. That doctor didn't even give her an answer. In other words if the doctor does not understand the illness then your on your own. MS has a lot of different forms.
Bye,
Bernard. :-???