Pip

All about money

Pip

Hi, just a thought. Does absolutely everyone have to have a medical for pip or are some passed based on the information on the form etc without medical.
My husband didn't have a medical & was assessed solely on the forms & paperwork we sent in.
When we mentioned this to a charity support worker he said that was very unusual & he'd not heard of it before. People with a much worse disability to my husband were still having assessments.
according to benefits expert i spoke to says dla and mobility getting scrapped,everyone who gets dla and mobility will have to attend a medical for pip cos thats recplacing dla mobility.
https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/ ... -announced
I have heard of people being placed from DLA to PIP from the form.
I thought the postcodes start dates may help some people. To prepare now.
Just notice the date as last year 2015
i filled the pip forms in got my Gp to wright a letter then next a knew got a letter saying i will get pip
That's great news Stephen.

S had to have a medical. According to the medical assessor, often GPs, social workers etc do not respond to requests by the DWP for information. In S's case our longterm and lovely GP took early retirement, our new one was terrible and has thankfully moved on ... so at the moment there isn't any doctor at the surgery who knows him well enough.

Melly1
Husband got his PiP with no face to face. They used his PIP forms, plus I gave permission for them to access his DLA papers.
x