[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PIP - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

PIP

All about money
The garages will be full of ex motability cars that have had to be returned and disabled people will be prisoners in their own homes Image

Yeah and i wonder how long it will be before they revoke the bus pass ? then we will all be stuck at home reliant on dear old Sainsbury for the food that we wont be able to afford to go to town and get. Image Image
Our Motability vehicle (Renault Master with a tailgate lift - biggest vehicle we could get as it needs to take my mobility scooter and Rob in his large powerchair and all his equipment - ventilator, spare ventilator, back up battery etc) is due for return in a few months and we are in the process of looking at a new one just now. The initial non returnable deposit before we even start with all the adaptations we need is almost 4 grand. The last one cost us around 7,000. But of course we disabled people get "free" cars flung at us don't we?

Eun
Eun I think that's appalling you have to pay as you need those adaptations!
Nilla those who are most severely disabled and need the most adaptations are the ones who have to pay through the nose. You can apply for a grant towards some of the cost of the deposit but it is means tested and takes a long time so rather than go through all the hassle we will just pay what we have to. Its every 5 years not every 3 with the big vans like ours.

Eun