[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance - Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance

All about money
Hi iv just joined so I don't know if I'm posting in the correct place.I am a care for my husband and have been claiming carers allowance for several years the question is can I also claim pip or do I need to stop my claim for carers many thanks :S
Hello Joanne

I suggest you contact the Carers UK Adviceline - they are our experts on all matters related to benefits and caring :)
0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
The Carers UK Adviceline will be open as usual until Thursday 22 December 2016.

Christmas opening hours

Friday 23 December 2016: 10am - 12pm
24 December 2016 – 2 January 2016: Closed
Tuesday 3 January 2016 onwards: Normal opening hours resume (Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm)

Adviceline email service

As usual we aim to respond to respond to emails sent to advice@carersuk.org within 5 working days.
Always best to take Sue's advice and contact the helpline as they will do a full check for you.

In the meantime this is from CarersUK main website

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... ce-payment

PIP can be paid regardless of your income, savings or National Insurance contribution record and is a tax free benefit. You can get PIP even if you are working or studying. If you are a carer who has care needs, you can claim PIP for yourself and this will not affect your Carer’s Allowance.

x x
I always recommend applying for any benefit even if you are not sure - ring up and get a claim pack from DWP asap. Then if it is finally awarded, it will be backdated to the date that you first contacted them, as long as you return it by the date they give you. If you are not eligible, they'll soon tell you!