[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Monumental cock up by me! - Carers UK Forum

Monumental cock up by me!

All about money
My LD/autistic daughter moved out at the weekend to live in a Housing Association flat with her boyfriend. I was told she has to come off ESA and to get her on Universal Credit. he is already on it. I have done his for ages as he also has Learning difficulties.

I wasn’t allowed to do it until they moved in together so did it yesterday and what a nightmare! I totally messed it up. I was told I had to sign her up then do a joint claim. i had to get linking codes and I honestly don’t know how other people do it because it was beyond me and I filled loads of stuff in wrong.

I didn’t sleep at all last night with worrying what UC will do or say and I have been crying all morning. I feel wretched.

I hear that CAB help with these things but I didn’t expect not to be able to do it myself and also with covid restrictions you can only talk to people on the phone rather than go to their offices.

I cried down the phone today to the man at the local council who advises on people leaving home and he said he will email them and tell them what’s happened and see what they can do. I don’t suppose I will get any sleep tonight either.

I even went to Mum and Dad’s grave today and had a cry.
Penny I've never heard of this ...Hopefully, you mentioning it will help other people. Sorry you had a difficult time.

If your partner has already submitted a claim to Universal Credit and declared a partner, they may already have been given a linking code. If you asked for a linking code to be provided, the next screen will offer a code for input by your partner when they make their claim to Universal Credit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnDi-OlKgMY

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/e ... or-couples
Hello Penny

Sorry to hear about your situation, that sounds like a lot to cope with I can only imagine how upset you must be Penny. Have you tried to contact our advice line on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am and 6pm or email us at adviceline@carersuk.org and see if they can help you.

I am sure other members will pop more information on your thread too.

take care
Ingrid
Hugs Penny, maybe it was time you had a good cry?
So much has happened, practically non stop, there is only so much even the strongest woman can cope with. Let all the tears flow, for everything.
Tomorrow is a new day.
Penny, am so sad this is still happening to you. A good cry is better than any more bottling up. Hopefully you will sleep tonight as exhausted. ((((Hugs)))
Oh Penny,

I agree with BB, the crying was probably a build up of lots of things and not just the whole UC debacle. I'm having one (again) over S's UC. The system is SO inflexible, the staff only know the straightforward stuff and I really don't know how many people cope with the system.

According to the Turn2Us website, https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guid ... claim-form
If you think you have made a mistake when you entered your information, you will have a chance later on to go back and correct it. However, you can’t do this until you have completed all sections of the claim.

Also if what you have filled in doesn't make sense - the folk at the DWP will be quick to point it out!!

Sending you (((hugs)))

Melly1
Penny

So sorry this has happened

The UC system is not easy to work with, especially that you can't put in the claim until someone has moved. It all makes it very pressured.

Hopefully things will calm down,, and you will get it sorted.

I find they (UC) are very good at answering queries when you note it in the journal.

Although not as quick as before Covid hit. So many more people in the system now.
Cloudygal wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm
Penny

So sorry this has happened

The UC system is not easy to work with, especially that you can't put in the claim until someone has moved. It all makes it very pressured.

Hopefully things will calm down,, and you will get it sorted.

I find they (UC) are very good at answering queries when you note it in the journal.

Although not as quick as before Covid hit. So many more people in the system now.
You can’t access the journal until both people have completed their claim. How mad is that? Even on her boyfriend’s account we always used the journal but once you are part way through another claim you can’t.

there was a section asking what disabilities you have which I answered. Then it asks whether it affects your ability to apply for work. I ticked yes because it does. My daughter has very poor reading and writing skills so obviously it would and she would not be able to work a till for example or complete paperwork in any job. Then it says you need a fit note to say you are not fit for work. She has never had a fit note and I can’t see the GP repeatedly giving her fit notes so I had to go back and put No but that isn’t correct either.

I had another go yesterday and have moved on a bit but I have spent literally hours and hours on this and I get so stressed in case the internet goes off part way through or we get timed out or something.
Penny,
I had to ask the GP for a fit note for S. She wrote it was the case ‘indefinitely,’ the UC system wouldn’t allow me to enter indefinitely- so they told me to enter the longest time it would allow - 🤞not needed another yet - he has been on it several years now.

Melly1
Are DWP falling foul of the Equality Act?
Where are the "reasonable adjustments for disabled people"?
If someone intelligent like Penny struggles with the system, it's simply not fit for purpose!