Job centre interview

All about money
I am on Income support and carers allowance, soon to be housing benefit and council tax benefit, I have just recieved a letter saying that i have to go to an interview at the job centre to access if i am recieving the right benefits. What really confuses me is that i was told that i did not have to go to any interviews as i was a carer. Any one else had this?
Yes, I did Courtz when I first became a carer for my Dad. Usually, its because a computer will churn out a standard letter regardless of your circumstances - and this is the result of one government agency not communicating with another. You know the benefits system - "one size fits all".

I just rung the job centre and they said no problems, don't need the interview and I've never received anything further since - and that was over 8 years ago.
Yes, I did Courtz when I first became a carer for my Dad. Usually, its because a computer will churn out a standard letter regardless of your circumstances - and this is the result of one government agency not communicating with another. You know the benefits system - "one size fits all".

I just rung the job centre and they said no problems, don't need the interview and I've never received anything further since - and that was over 8 years ago.

Yeah i went to this 1st interview when i started claiming income support but not they want to see me again so god knows what will happen.
Well, I'd get in touch with them - they should NOT be calling you in for interview if you are claiming Carer's Allowance
Well, I'd get in touch with them - they should NOT be calling you in for interview if you are claiming Carer's Allowance
Went to the interview and was told someone has reported me for benefit fraud How low can some people be.
Courtz, that's terrible. As if you don't have enough to cope with already. Have they now accepted that you are genuine?
Of what benefit fraud are they talking about? working on the side?
Courtz, that's terrible. As if you don't have enough to cope with already. Have they now accepted that you are genuine?
They are now investigating Image
Of what benefit fraud are they talking about? working on the side?
Yes they have said that i am working at citizens advice (i volunteer called them when i started and told them) and also having a partner living with me. Have been in my place less than a month and have only been with my new fella 2 weeks. Someone seriously hates me.
Do you know how long you can have a "visitor" before you are deemed to be cohabiting?